Saturday 11 September 2010

A Painted Box: Disney-style!

My dear friend is going to uni tommorow. So I wanted to draw something for her. I found these really fantastic boxes in Paperchase and decided to paint one for her!
If I'd have had more time I would have decorated the whole box...but oh well!

I asked her for her favourite Disney characters, and then designed them and arranged and painted them on the lid of the box!



I recently received "The Art and Flair of Mary Blair" book for my birthday, and I am literally in LOVE with it! She's so inspiring. I adore her style as well as herself as a dedicated artist! She's amazing. So she was the inspiration behind the style of the characters I painted on the box :)

It was so much fun. I'm now in a complete painting phase!! - I love it! More will come soon! :D

Also, this is the front/side of the box. I painted a few little things here too.
From left-right: Wagamama Chicken Katsu Curry, shoes, Jason Shwartzman, flowers in a vase.



More will come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment