Sunday 14 April 2013

Cooking-related illustrations for a friend!

My friend asked me to do some illustrations for her university course’s final year ideas to raise money for their final show. She is on a costume design course in London and my friend and her coursemates are putting together their own recipe book so these illustrations will be for the final book.

I was happy to do it, as I enjoy drawing the costumes from the related eras shown here.

















The first image shows the rough ideas I sketched out with the reference material given. Then after my friend had chosen the ones she liked (with her coursemates’ feedback too) I cleaned up the drawings and did some very basic colouring.

I really enjoyed drawing the last two (the flapper girl and the 1950s woman) as I absolutely adore the two eras. They were SO fun to draw. I really want to do more, especially 50s style.
I was pushed for time to get these done by the end, so the oven in the 1950s one is traced (I know, the shame!) from this image here: http://www.memorystore.org.uk/_images/gadgetsPics/largepopup/cooker1950s.jpg THANKS GOOGLE IMAGES *WINK*


Once the book is printed I will be sent a copy, so cannot wait to see it! I’ll have to take a photo and upload it here.

I really hope they raise the money. I know from my university course experience last year how challenging it is for the whole year to club together to raise enough money to put on a good show! Go guys!


---jkl

No comments:

Post a Comment